Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wife Wanted: Help Sought

Proudly showed my parents my new web log the other day, thinking they would be proud of me. Well apparently it was more like a cat bringing a dead bird home and leaving it on the back door. My mum’s only comment; “Get a Wife”. Since the last thing I want to do is disappoint mummsy, I am going to start on online, “my mummy wants me to get married” competition to see if I can get lucky in the wife department, as I would not want to disappoint mummsy.

My friend Cath reckons “My suggestion is that you should do what any self-respecting single 30 something male should do.........contact ACA or Today Tonight and tell your story to the masses! It has worked for the lonely farmer boys in the midst of their female drought out west so why not your good self?!?!?”

Although I am not sure how much credence I should give to the advice of a friend that reckons I should not allowed to go clothes shopping on my own.

Look out for the survey, asking what the best way to find a wife in the information age. Oh, and feel free to provide sample questions related to the possible ways i could find a wife. I am thinking
  • Get drunk in Las Vegas and wake up next to my betrothed.
  • Online dating.
  • Russian Bride.
  • Old fashioned get to know someone;
  • Up the duff.

And whatever other examples you guys can come up with.

No comments: