Friday, July 13, 2007

After Tax Synergy Sought!

Just got one of my group certificates. I only wish it had arrived last Saturday, which was the 7/7/7, apparently a pretty auspicious date. You know the date that Eva Longoria got married; I guess that would have made it pretty auspicious. Anyway, the amount of tax withheld contains the three digits 777 in sequence, among other digits the value of which I would not dream of boring you with. Now all I have to do is wait for my other one, and then it’s howdy doodie, give me back my tax time, not sure I can spend it any wiser than our government, but I sure as hell plan to have a lot of fun trying.
--
In other finance news, Rio Tinto has made a $44 Billion dollar bid for Alcan. Apparently the bid “will also generate after-tax synergies of around $600 million per year.” I guess I am not the only cashed up person this side of the arse end of the world. If I can make it through the weekend with my potential tax return intact (it exists in potentia since I have not received it), I might throw in a bid myself, which should throw the business world Illuminati on their collective behinds. Although, come to think of it, I am not really sure I can handle the “months of speculation that another offer for Alcan could emerge, from parties including Rio Tinto”. Sometimes having money to spend is just too painful.

--
Anyway, what do you think of the synergy represented in the attached photo.

I reckon that pair both had a regrettable weekend on the turps shortly after receiving their tax return.





No comments: