Thursday, July 12, 2007

Great Global Warming Swindle

Just watched the Swindle. I was impressed, personally i put it on the same level as the "Inconvenient Truth" in that they are both political pieces designed to influence your opinion with a small dose of the facts but not nearly enough information to be taken conclusively. Both have flaws, but both taken on their own, if you are disinclined to do a bit of research on your own are probably sufficient to sway masses.
--
Based purely on those two pieces if i had to invest my bottom dollar, either way, I'd take a recess, get a beer and go out and party. In other words neither is nearly enough, I'd keep my money in my pocket or invest it at the pub, at least at the pub I'd have a greater confidence on what my return on investment would be. The challenge now is to find more information then try to infuriate Carbonistas on the weekend. I like to be the devil's advocate, some say the devil.
--
Great debate on the piece taking place at Timblair, and i guess (have not been there yet) at the ABC webpage.

Go to both, have a read, make up your own mind, or if you prefer, I can tell you what you should think. It's the work of but a moment, with the added bonus that if you pay me, I'll tell you whatever you want or need to believe.

No comments: