Friday, July 20, 2007

I Met a Snake Last Night.

Went to the pub last night for a couple of beers. I was home by 10.20 pm, so that makes it alright. Anyway, after my regulation 2.5 beers I went home. Not before I met a girl, whose name escapes me, but whom we shall call Sally. (A friend, Maria introduced us shortly before I left).

Anyway Sally is a performer. More specifically, a dancer. And for those who want more information, she dances with a snake. Which leads to the question, what on earth do you say to a girl who dances with a snake. Anyway, she and Maria were discussing what they were going to do at next years Adelaide Fringe Festival. Apparently the plan is to have one of them recite poetry whilst the other dances with a snake.

It truly is, a wonderful, wonderful world.

Oh, and apparently Sally and the snake are going on the road shortly, they plan to hit Darwin whilst we freeze in a very unsnakeworthy Adelaide Winter. And another oh, if you've ever lain awake at night wondering what an engineer and a snake dancer could possibly talk about on a Thursday night in a pub, well wonder no more. I felt that whatever artistic contribution I could make into the art of woman dancing with snake might be very easily misunderstood, so I went home, hence the 2.5 rather than 3.0 beers consumed. Besides it was a school night.

No comments: