Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Vengence is Mine Inc.

Had a meeting with a client the other day, about some work that I did for them that they would like changed. No problem I say, humility is after all my middle name, one of them anyway. But what I find slightly annoying is that I was doing their job for them. Admittedly I was only doing their work for them so that they could release a purchase order for us to do some more work, which would result in me getting paid. So I was not being totally selfless by doing the work, but the question needs to be raised. If I do your work for you, how many rights do you have to complain, and if in fact you find fault with my work, and they are minor faults (it is after all my work), and if those faults are because you did not tell me what you wanted, should not the onus be on you to make the corrections. Bearing in mind that the aforementioned corrections would take 45 minutes in Microsoft Word. Instead they came for a drive to our office and we had a pow wow for 45 minutes, before he went back so he could e-mail me what he wanted me to do. Admittedly the gentlemen who came over was not responsible for the task and has been thrown in the deep end on this one, but let that not detract from my righteous anger and furious calls for vengeance.
--
Which got me thinking. Where does a law abiding citizen go to get Vengeance in this world we live in. Someone needs to start "Vengeance is Mine inc" like in the "Tales of the Unexpected" story by Roald Dahl.

No comments: