Monday, November 26, 2007

The king is dead, long live the king!

So Kevin Rudd got in, in a Rudd slide, woo hoo, not a landslide mind you, a Rudd slide. Well I am so excited I think I might rush out and get a job. I actually got a text message, from an anonymous texter that said:

"Yay for Labour! I'm gonna get a f*cken Job!".

Woo hoo, from now on we'll all be able to have gravy with our meat and three veg, cause the jobs gravy train has just left the station. No idea who it was from, except that their number ends in 643. Wonder if it will be a real job, and whether a hair cut will be required. I was so excited for Mr or Mrs anonymous that I sent one back saying"

"Goodonya, who ever you are!"

I expected Mr anonymous to get back to me with "It's me, Kev baby, me of the Ruddslide, there's gonna be some changes, watch this space", but alas I had another sleepless night, tossing and turning, wondering who the soon to be employed person is. K-Rudd obviously figured that whilst I was worthy of a text, he didn't really wanna have a chat. Maybe he was rubbing my nose in his victory.

If a landslide can be re-defined as a Rudd slide, we need to steel ourselves for any further re-definitions of the English language. I'm tipping that Kruddworthy will be added to the lexicon of the English language. Work choices is obviously not Kruddworthy. Kyoto, definitely Kruddworthy, although for a while there it was only Kruddworthy if China and India get involved. I can see the thinking;

"What if we have a party and China and India don't turn up?"

If China and India don't turn up, the thinking goes, we should take our "bat and ball" and go home till they are willing to take it seriously. Well kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it, which apparently was the whole reason why John Winston didn't wanna get down and jiggity with this whole Global Warming thingy. Apparently it was because of jobs, and the whole economy thingy, but I suspect it was more about thinking that having a party without those two was just not worth it. Happens all the time, you would be surprised how many parties are cancelled when people realise that I am not turning up. So anyway, Krudd has decided he will sign Kyoto with or without China and India, good on him, that'll learn em, we can party well enough with, or without them.

Anyway, been wondering what the rest of the world thinks of the Kruddslide:

Malaysia is hopeful that Australia’s newly-elected Labor government will bring about positive changes that would further enhance bilateral ties between the two nations.

Well so do I, but then I am biased, I've been embracing bi-lateral relations with a Malaysian for a few months now. I've been bewitched by a Malaysian succubus, so my thoughts on this matter should quite rightly be ignored.

Apparently Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was the first person to ring Krudd to congratulate him. Sounds like someone was sitting up hoping and praying for a Kruddworthy labour Victory.

Anyway, gots to go, much work to do, protecting my job from all these giddy labour voters finally looking at getting a job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might even get a job myself :)
J.V

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad a raging lefty employed lefty here!! Whats your email address...this interface to tricky for me . Mine are
rob.bunting@health.sa.gov.au
robbie67@bigpond.com

Cheers fella...what's a righty like you doiing with dreads and a ticket to rainbow serpent???
Smiles
Rob

Anonymous said...

'Divide and rule', Brad. Supposedly a British thing but actually Asians have been doing it for yonks - weaken your enemies household by seeking out the weak member and working him up into treason. Keep your enemies fighting among themselves and they'll leave you alone.