Thursday, October 25, 2007

Trumpet Blower: P3 Orion Upgrade

Since there is no one out there willing to blow my trumpet, and believe me I've been looking for a while, i decided that a bit of self service is required.
One of my projects has hit the skies a few weeks ago, the upgrade of the RAAF AP-3C Orion fleet to include a Tactical Data link. It made the news in my little corner of the world, and was subsequently ignored by everyone, which is the way it should be. Anyway, this is one of the projects that i am currently managing.
Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) AP-3C Orion aircraft are now even better placed to support Coalition operations in the Middle East, with the introduction of real time video links to support ground forces. The Tactical Common Data Link (TCDL) provides ground commanders a valuable real time aerial view of their surrounding environment.

Anyway, now that I've blown myself, i can get back to work. Was it good enough for you?

No comments: